Quantum FBI (“Quantum”) is a professional services firm that provides accounting and finance as a service and business intelligence services to early-stage and middle-market companies. We leverage the power of people, processes and technology to help our clients improve operating performance. Quantum is a fast growing firm that is building its team to allow for growth and provide value added services to its client base.
Quantum is a professional services firm that provides accounting and finance as a service, business advisory and business intelligence services to early-stage and middle-market companies. Quantum is searching for a Controller responsible for managing the ongoing financial reporting operations of clients of Quantum. This includes the review of periodic financial reports prepared by the Accounting Manager, preparation of budget, KPI and other management reports, and a comprehensive set of controls designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the client’s reported financial results, and ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Weekly client meetings with clients relating to ongoing WIP and special projects, “Open Items” lists, etc.
- Internal Management Summary Report preparation
- Internal Client Analysis Report preparation for CFO
- Preparation of complex client Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), Critical Success Factors(CSFs) and other management reports
- Budgeting and forecasting project completion (in support of CFO) and completion of Management Report Package
- Review of Management Reporting Packages prepared by Accounting Manager
- Client Procedures Manual – ongoing monthly maintenance/updates
- Staff and technology resource planning/management
- Prior business experience and ability to apply that experience to a wide range of client situations
- Advanced skills in specific industry verticals service by Quantum FBI
- Ability to motivate and manage staff in a pay-for-performance environment
- Attention to detail
- Ability to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to manage unexpected and sometimes urgent firm or client matters as they arise
- Expertise using a range of technology solutions (software, peripherals, etc.)
- Project management skills
- Time management skills
- Unrelenting commitment to client satisfaction
Required Experience, Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting with a minimum GPA of 3.3
- Active CPA license. MBA preferred
- 5-7 years of experience in private/public accounting working with clients in the $1-$10 million in revenues per year range. Some experience working with clients with revenues up to $50 million preferred.
- 2-3 years managing staff in a pay-for-performance environment preferred
- Strong technology skills using Microsoft Office 2007 or later (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook at a minimum, more applications preferred)
- Home office environment, including separate work area, PC (minimum system requirements must be met) with Windows 7. Additional technology requirements will be communicated to candidates selected for this position and must be met on an ongoing basis.
- Experience working in a paperless environment strongly preferred
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Team player with a positive ”can-do” approach
- A general and growing knowledge of firm products and services in the practice area, and a general knowledge of products and services in other practice area